Counselling is a talking therapy that involves a trained therapist listening to you and helping you find ways to deal with emotional issues.
What can counselling help with?
- a mental health condition, such as depression, anxiety or an eating disorder
- an upsetting physical health condition
- a difficult life event, such as a bereavement, a relationship breakdown or problems at school
- difficult emotions – for example, low self-esteem or anger
- other issues, such as sexual identity
Confidential, friendly, 1:1 counselling sessions are available through RISE Young Person’s Resilience Service. We can meet you at school, at home, at your local GP practice or even somewhere out and about in town.